Internet, Phone and Emergency Numbers in San Pancho
Internet in San Pancho:
Internet access has become much easier over the last few years, and speeds are much faster, generally at least 5mbps. Live streaming is reasonable, though occasionally glitchy. However, communication with the 'outside world' has become much easier, and those with businesses and families to keep up with will find they have no problem doing so.
- the majority of San Pancho vacation rental homes, apartments and hotels provide phone lines and wi/fi.
- if you are bringing your own laptop, tablet or smart phone, the principal restaurants/cafés tend to have wireless Internet, for which they can give you the password.
- for computer access, there are a few internet cafés scattered about town. The going rate at the internet cafés is usually around $20 pesos per hour.
Cell phone service in San Pancho has improved considerably over the last few years. International plans are now common, which generally include text messages, data and long distance calling. Many people now use their foreign cell phones here just as they do at home - many of us can receive calls or texts at the beach! Check with your local provider to see your options.
- it is also possible to buy a Mexican sim card to put in your foreign cell phone. These can be purchased at Telcel or other cellular company offices and they also offer inexpensive plans.
- another option is to purchase one of the cheap cell phone models (around $20 USD), sold at Telcel locations, or Kiosko or Oxxo minimarts, which are everywhere. These cell phones are pay-as-you-go and you can make and receive international calls. But remember that you then have to learn how to use them, and they are generally unsophisticated and painful to use for texting or emailing. Before leaving San Pancho you can donate the cell phone at Entre Amigos where they will distribute them to families without phones who can use them for emergency calls.
Dialing Instructions for Phones in San Pancho
US/Can. cell to local phones: +52-311/322-xxx-xxxx
US/Can. cell to US/Canada: 001-area code-number
Mexican cell to local cell phones: 322-xxx-xxxx
Mexican cell to local landlines: 311-xxx-xxxx
Land Line to:
Local land line: (311 local) Dial only 258-xxxx (no 311)
Mex. cell: (322 local) Dial 045-322-xxx-xxxx
US/Canada: 001-area code-xxx-xxxx
Int'l #: 00-country code-area code-number
Emergency Phone Numbers
No one wants to think about an emergency situation, but it's better to face that possibility than to be caught unprepared. Whether you are a resident or visitor, the best time to prepare for an emergency is before it happens, so we have put together a list of important phone numbers so you will have them at the ready when you need them.
Police and Fire Services:
Mexico has recently implemented 911 as the emergency number in many states, including Nayarit. This new 911, notated as 9-1-1 in Mexico, number will be for use by both landlines and cell phones. This was implemented in 16 states Oct. 3, 2016, including Nayarit, and the remaining 16 states were scheduled to initiate it Jan. 2017. This includes 060 for local police, 061 for State and Federal District Judicial Police, 065 for the Red Cross, 066 for the national system for citizen emergencies, 068 for fire emergencies and 080 for security and emergency calls.
This is an attempt to centralize and reduce emergency calls to the various numbers they had previously, as they received thousands of duplicate calls to each of the numbers. An interesting note - 911 was chosen because many Mexicans are already familiar with its use in the U.S. through movies and social media.
To report suspicious activity in San Pancho:
- from a land line dial 045-322-141-5994
- from a Mexican cell dial 322-141-5994 (skip the 045)
- from a foreign cell phone dial +52-1-322-141-5994
State/Tourist Police (Sayulita Station): 329 291 3890
If there is a lack of police responsiveness or effectiveness in San Pancho, call:
Bahia de Banderas Presidencia Municipal (9am - 5pm): 329 291 1870
Fire Department: 01 800 830 2185
For traffic problems, to remove abandoned cars, parking problems, call Transito (9am - 8pm): 01 329 296 5225
For Ambulance Services & Hospitals
San Pancho’s hospital has 24 hr. emergency facilities.
Located on Calle Africa, 2 blocks north of the main street
Tel. #: 311 258 4077 or 311 258 4229
Red Cross Ambulance: 01 322 222 1533
Cruz Roja: 01 322 226 1014
Global Ambulance: 01 322 226 1014
Puerto Vallarta/Sayulita Hospitals:
Ameri-Med Hospital: 01 322 226-2080/221-0023
C.M.Q. Hospital: 01 322 223-1919/223-0878
Cornerstone Hospital: 01 322 224 9400
I.M.S.S. Hospital: 01 322 224 3838
Medasist Hospital: 01 322 223 0444
Regional Hospital: 01 322 224 4000
San Javier Hospital: 01 322 226 1010
US Consulate- Nuevo Vallarta - Kelly Trainor 01 322 222 0069 firstname.lastname@example.org
Liaison for US Consulate (Sayulita) - Heather Murray 322 141 5994 cell
or emergency 24-hour line (Guadalajara Consulate) 01 333 268 2145
Canadian Consulate - Puerto Vallarta - L. Benoit: 322 293 0098 or 322 293 0099
email@example.com 24hrs. 1-800-706-2900
Credit Card Companies:
AmEx – 01 322 223 2955
Mastercard – 01 800 366 3100
Visa – 01 800 706 6600
Other Important Phone Numbers
Animal Protection: 221-0078
City Hall Bahia de Banderas: 329-291-0818
Consumer Protection (PROFECO): 01-322-225-0000
Cruz Roja (Red Cross): 01-322-222-1533
Electric Company (CFE): 071 or 327-274-0204
Federal Highway Patrol: 066 or 01-322-221-1065
Information, Mexico: 040
INM Immigration Office - Nuevo Vallarta: 01-322-297-6343 or 01-322-297-6344 - located in Centro Empresarial complex (near San Javier Hospital)
Long Distance, Mexico, Operator Assistance: 020
Long Distance, International, Operator Assistance: 090
Long Distance, Collect Calls using credit card: 800-728-4645
Ministerio Publico: 01-322-222-1762
Motor Vehicle Dep't: 01-322-224-8484
Municipal Services: 01-322-223-2500
National Telegraph: 01-322-224-7970
Policia Federal de Caminos (Highway Patrol): 01-322-221-1065/221-1527
Secretaria de Medio Ambiente (SEMARNAT): 01-322-222-0703
Social Security: 329-296-5140
State Transit: 01-311-213-5711
Telephone Repair Service: 050
Telmex Office - Bucerias: 329-295-1686
Tourist Information: 01-800-523-0160
Tourist Protection: 01-322-223-2500
Transito in Bucerias: 329-298-1614
Water Company (SEAPAL): 01-322-223-1516